Friday, May 23, 2008

OBEY ME!

Daddy was seated on the sofa.  A hyper-agitated Sammy was on his lap, vigorously struggling and folding and stretching and twisting and screaming with unbelievable strength.  Pia was saying something but Daddy was too distracted.  Sammy's crying simply drowned out all other communication beyond understandability. 

Pia bends down near Daddy for a few seconds and then all of a sudden Daddy's leg was tied up with a skipping rope!

Daddy: Pia!  Why did you tie my leg?

Pia: Because you were not listening to me.

Daddy: Untie my leg

Pia: (sits down on another chair across the room, rests both hands with fingers meshed behind her head and leans back smiling smugly at her capture) No.

Daddy: (annoyed, and still struggling with Sammy)  Untie it now.

Pia: No.  Because I was telling you ten times to twirl the skipping rope while I jump.

Daddy: Let me go now.

Pia: I will let you go only if you obey me.

* * *

No comments: