Saturday, January 12, 2008

Food for growth

The children enjoyed the family trip to Luna Park, but height restrictions prevented them from taking on some of the attractions they wanted to ride. You had to be taller than 110cm to ride the ferris wheel, or the bump car, or a couple of other rides suitable for kids.

So we told the Dominic and Pia that we'll just visit again next year, when they had grown taller and when they'd be able to enjoy all the rides. 

One day:

Pia: Daddy, I want to go to Luna Park again.

Daddy: Yes, we will go again next year. Hopefully you'll be tall enough to ride the bump car.

Pia: Daddy, what food can I eat to make me grow taller?

Carpe diem.

Daddy: (nonchalantly) Well, you have to eat more rice, drink more milk, eat more veggies.

Pia: (runs to the kitchen) Mommy! Can you give me my milk now?

* * *

No comments: